Take your braai to the next level with the latest Tastebud range from Cape Herb & Spice
National Heritage Day, commonly referred to as Braai Day is right around the corner – a day on which we South Africans celebrate the nation’s diversity of cultures by lighting up the fire with friends and family.
Seasoning experts, Cape Herb & Spice know that small lamb ribs are always a finger-licking winner, especially when prepared on the braai. Packed with thyme, rosemary, basil, marjoram, coriander, ginger and loads of other goodness, the new gluten free Tastebud Herbed spice is the secret ingredient you will need to become the ultimate braai master this season. Here’s the recipe:
800g lamb ribs
Tastebud Herbed spice blend
3 tbs tomato sauce
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs runny honey
Dust the lamb ribs with Tastebud Herbed spice blend and set aside for 30 – 60 minutes.
Brush the ribs lightly with olive oil and place on a hot braai or under the grill element of your oven. Turn often and cook until done to your liking.
Mix together the tomato sauce, lemon juice, honey and half a teaspoon of the Herbed spice blend and generously paint the ribs for the final 15 minutes of cooking.
*Note: If you do it earlier, the basting sauce will burn
Inspired by the global demand for healthy, natural seasoning the Tastebud range ensures your braai feast won’t interfere with your goals to become healthier in time for summer. The range is free from artificial flavourants, colourants, added MSG, preservatives pr GMO, and is non-irradiated, Halaal & Kosher. Furthermore, the spices are also verified gluten-free, safeguarding that all of the products are tested before dispatching.
So whether it is Ukosa, Chisa Nyama or Braai – no matter the language, Braai Day is the perfect opportunity to celebrate South Africanisms around a fire and a perfectly seasoned flame grilled feast!
Want to learn more about Cape Herb & Spice?
Cape Herb & Spice is driven by innovation across all capabilities, including: blending packaging, design and food trends. Their facilities have been custom built and are managed to meet the highest international food safety standards that are certified on an annual basis. The new Tastebud packaging includes a specially designed label that is easily removable – allowing the container and lid to be recycled.
The Tastebud range will retail at a recommended selling price of R39.95 and is available in select leading retailers nationwide.
For more information on Cape Herb & Spice’s Tastebud range, visit: www.capeherb.co.za or follow their journey on Instagram | @capeherbandspice and Facebook | @CapeHerbandSpice
- Savoury | Salty & Savoury
- Description: Your flavour companion! Season up a broad range of comfort foods, like eggs, sandwich fillings, potatoes and other vegetables as well as barbeque favourites like chicken wings and chops
- Seeded | Salty & Nutty
- Description: This mix complements most raw food dishes. It is perfect for salads, soups, vegetable dishes and as a table seasoning
- Umami | Salty & Mushroomy
- Description: A mix of umami-rich ingredients and low sodium sea salt creates the ultimate savoury experience to enhance flavours. Add to your run-of-the-mill stew, soup and casserole or spice up all your meat, chicken and fish dishes
- Caramel | Salty & Sweet
- Description: A sweet-savoury mix of warming spices, caramelised coconut blossom sugar and low sodium sea salt. To bring a delicious caramelised flavour to your everyday cooking. Coat pork, chicken or ribs with this sticky sweet seasoning or add to barbecue bastes and marinades. Spice up root vegetables such as carrots, butternut and pumpkin
- Zesty | Salty & Sour
- Description: Add zing to your cooking with this blend of citrus, herbs and spices balanced with coconut ingredients
- Spicy | Salty & Spicy
- Description: Create a flavour high with this spicy infusion of chilli, ginger and pepper. This mix works well as a table seasoning for the brave. Add some heat to chicken or meat for the barbeque or add a bite to your pizza and pasta dishes
- Herbed | Salty & Herby
- Description: This herbaceous seasoning can be used in place of table salt and to season vegetables, salads, stews and soups